Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rosemary Lamb Chops!


   
     It's the month of Love! So let's welcome it with a Baaaahhh!!!!

     After our trip to Vegas was canceled due to increment weather, I thought my year was just going to suck. Maybe because I had so many wonderful memories of 2011 and I was expecting it to start better. Well, life is hard, and things happen; there's nothing you can do really to prepare yourself for when mother nature strikes. But things have turned around since the trip was canceled. First, last week I received an email from a new found friend, which was a sign to stay positive. Then a letter from USCIS came regarding the renewal of my status which is the next big step we need to take to continue my residency in the United States. And on top of everything my husband has been telling me that the year just started, which gave a little something to think about. Yeah he is right! It's only the second month of the year, what the heck it seems that its almost ending; by the way, he was bummed out by the trip being canceled too.

     Now what?! Well so far today has been really quite good, and I have a major-major craving for lamb today, so here it is! My marinated rosemary lamb chops!

     As I always say, enjoy cooking and always cook with your heart!

Ingredients:
  • 6 lamb chops
  • 2 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
  • 1 lemon (extract juice, and grate the rinds)
  • 6 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper  

Procedure:
  1. Clean lamb chops and pat dry with paper towel.
  2. In a bowl mix rosemary, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, olive oil, kosher salt and pepper. Place lamb chops and marinade for 2 hours or overnight.
  3. Heat grill over medium heat, once its hot enough place lamb chops and grill for 7-9 minutes each side.
  4. Set aside with foil covering the chops for at least 10 minutes.
  5. Enjoy!
 -Love-

No comments:

Post a Comment