Friday, February 17, 2012

Garlic Fried Rice with Spam!



     When I am at work, every time I make a dinner that needs to have rice, I intentionally make extra. I make extra rice so that the next day I can make some yummy garlic fried rice with spam; which I have pleasantly discovered is a new favourite among the kids in the house. It is a really easy recipe and it is also really filling. This dish is also special, in that its the only time that I see Jaybird eating spam!

     Have a great day everyone and as one rule in the kitchen, always enjoy cooking and cook with your heart!

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups cooked rice (preferably a day old rice)
  • 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
  • 1 can 7oz Spam (cubed)
  • 1 cup frozen diced carrots and peas
  • 3 eggs ( beaten)
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce

Procedure:

  1. In a non stick pan, browned spam over medium high heat and set aside.
  2. Roughly wipe pan with paper towel to absorb some juice of the spam.
  3. Scrambled eggs using the same pan and set aside.
  4. Melt in butter in the same pan and add garlic.
  5. Browned garlic about 3 minutes and add cooked rice, carrots and peas,mixing in together for 5 minutes.
  6. Add soy sauce, eggs and spam.
  7. Serve and enjoy!
-Love-

No comments:

Post a Comment