Saturday, October 15, 2011

Celebrate!



Yesterday was a special day for me. After a few weeks of dealing with several mishaps, the car was sent to the dealership for some issue, the receiver died when power was out, the Blu-ray player went out, the dryer not working, the kitchen lights got busted just before I am about to start my first recipe for my blog and my husband lost his key ring which includes the car key, house key and access code to his office. Such a total train wreck! But that was about to change.

October 14th at 9 am I drove my self together with my husband to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicle)for my scheduled drive test. It was pretty intense! I have never been in a situation with the DMV personnel sitting next to me for 15 minutes judging without talking (that was HARD!) specially from a person that loves to talk and chit-chat. I think that was the longest 15 minutes in my entire life, probably longer than my conversation with my Papc Bert when I first introduce my husband J Bird to him 2 hrs before the plane lands (Ops! My bad Paps, I should have told you long before). But the good thing is Papc loves J Bird more than he loves me I guess (Just kidding! I am still the Daddy's girl). Anyhow, I don't know if it was the 53 degrees F weather or whatever but the entire time I was shaking. It was crazy that even simple English term was just so hard to comprehend, all I hear was Blah! Blah! Blah!But to make the story short, I made it! I finally broke the chain! I got my driver's license!

My first drive alone towards work was so surreal! It was unbelievable, I had total control of the freakin' car, no husband to say stop, slow down and eyes on the road. I hate to say it but I never love this freedom much(but I love you more Hun ;)). While driving, I was listening to Beyonce at full blast, I caught myself screaming "This is AWESOME!", I feel like I am going crazy. Oh yeah it was crazy, no single car on the road, all I see are black birds in the middle of the street (really Crows?!). It was weird! Then all I knew, was that I was at work, it felt kinda like highway hypnosis, or maybe it was just that fun, was that for real?!

Watch out Washington! This crazy little Filipino is going to rock the road! Heheheheh!

So I was thinking, I need to celebrate on this! And there is no other way than a Jerk and Mesquite Chicken from G-Money and C-Clear. I don't usually eat chicken because I do have allergies to it, but I always make an exception when it comes to their chicken. Who cares about rashes all over my body and itching?! It was so worth it! Thank you guys! Here are some picture of a Jerk and Mesquite Chicken to die for!



No comments:

Post a Comment