Saturday, January 14, 2012

Peppercorn Rib-eye Steak!




     I have to admit, it's been a struggle for me to write another post after my tribute to my Grandma Sofia. It's been days that I have avoided visiting my blog. The thought of seeing the picture of my Grandma and my Brother, who mean so much to me, gives me a little pinch in my heart. First I have been missing my Grandma and second I am still hoping I will see my brother again, and hopefully sooner than later.

     But today, we got J's test results back from the doctor and it was great, much better than last year. So we decided to celebrate it with Rib-eye steak (YUM!). You know what, sometimes we just have to find ways to change the atmosphere. And only worry about things one at a time. So here we are with our steaks, personally grilled by J.

     As with every steak in our house these days it was accompanied with artisan bread and our favorite collard greens (see older post for the collard greens recipe). To everyone reading, always remember to enjoy cooking and cook with your heart!

2 bone-in Rib-eye steaks (total weight 2.5 Lbs)
½ of lemon
kosher salt
freshly ground peppercorn

  1. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the steak, season with generous amount of kosher salt and ground peppercorn. Set aside for 10 minutes allowing the lemon, salt and peppercorn to absorb.
  2. Heat the grill over high for about 6-8 minutes. When the grill gets super hot, place steak and grill for 8 minutes each side; reduce the heat to medium high when you place the meat on the grill to manage flare ups.Transfer steak in a plate and let it rest for 10 minutes, cover with foil.
  3. Serve with collard greens and artisan bread.
  4. Enjoy!

-Love-

No comments:

Post a Comment