Thursday, December 8, 2011

Homemade Chicken Stock!





     As I promised, here is my easy to follow recipe on how to make your own chicken stock. Making my own chicken stock is one of the main reasons why I love to buy an entire chicken, and on top of being really yummy, it is also very economical. You don't just have a meal from the whole chicken but you can save money by means of making chicken stock rather by buying it. Chicken stock can last up to 4 months when properly refrigerated.

     Since we all love savings, I will be posting my recipe from the meat I extracted from the chicken carcass next. Make sure to get as much meat as you can. My wonderful mother-in-law has always a three day rule when it comes to meat, if you plan to keep the meat for more than 3 days, you can store the it in the freezer until you are ready to cook later.

Ingredients:

1 Whole chicken carcass
1 medium yellow onion (quartered)
1 head garlic (bottom trimmed)
2 bay leaves
1/2 Tbsp whole peppercorn
2 Tbsp Kosher salt
11 cups water
3 stalks celery (cut)
2 large carrots (peeled and cut)

Place all the ingredients in a big pot and let it simmer for 50 minutes over medium high heat.

-Love-

No comments:

Post a Comment